Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Update: Flipped Upside Down...then Accepted

Sabrea is doing well, and starting Kindergarten in one week! *sniff, sniff* I'm excited. It's a new chapter in her life, and I know she'll succeed wonderfully. It will be a challenge getting her into a schedule and routine, but we'll work on that. From 7:44 a.m. to 3:47 p.m., I will be free! Maybe I can keep my house clean now! lol.

I'm in the process of getting licensed to do foster care. It's a hurry up and wait type of game. I have tackled most of the trainings, filled out all the stacks of paperwork, did my fingerprinting, and everything. I just need to set up a home visit. Then the fire marshal has to inspect, and a few more orientations. I was warned that due to my Section 8 status, it might be a while before I get a placement. I'm okay with that. I will have the license and be able to help children. I CAN make a difference in the world...even if it's just in one child (other than Sabrea).

I recently went through a difficult situation and came out with some lessons:
  • Sabrea has an amazing perspective on very difficult issues. She can make anything seem black and white, cut and dry, simple. She has amazing empathy, with very little fear in yelling and angry situations.
  • There's a million versions to one story, and sometimes you just aren't meant to know the truth.
  • Truth can be distorted by the lens of the person talking. It's not always intentional, but it happens. 
  • Being flexible in just one area of life doesn't really work. 
  • Go with the flow and ACCEPT changes and snags. 
  • Life is full of "plot twists."
  • I still hate change. :)
  • I need to blog more, even if no one reads it. Someone out there will find it when they need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment